What’s awesome about flatbread pizzas is that they don’t have that unnecessary fat often found in your regular pizzas. Therefore, you can satisfy your cravings without feeling super guilty! If you’re preparing them as little, single-serving treats, flatbread pizzas can also serve as a delicious lunch on the go or a midday snack.
This recipe will show you how to make a yummy, 15-minute easy flatbread pizza from scratch, including a really simple crust.
Ingredients that you’ll need:
Utensils that you’ll need:
For the flatbread crust:
1. Put the yogurt into the bowl and add the self-rising flour, the wholemeal flour, and the black pepper. Mix everything together with a wooden spoon. You’ll notice that it will form the doughy consistency that you need for a flatbread and it will soon gather into a ball.
2. When your dough is ready, place it on a floured surface, split it into four equal pieces, and sprinkle them with a little bit of flour.
3. Roll out each piece of flatbread dough with your rolling pin and bring them to the desired shape.
4. Let the dough rest for 5 minutes. Otherwise, it will shrink when being cooked.
5. Turn the stove on to a medium heat and warm up the frying pan for about one minute.
6. Pop one piece of dough into the pan and let it heat until it starts to brown underneath and rise a little bit. The flatbread will actually start to bubble, which is exactly what you want it to do. This gives it a little bit of air inside and makes it a little bit lighter. After 1 to 2 minutes, flip it over and wait (another 1–2 minutes) for the other side to cook as well.
7. Repeat this process for all your dough pieces and let them cool.
For the tomato sauce and the toppings:
- Peel and grate the carrot.
- Chop the red pepper, red onion, zucchini, and garlic cloves.
- Turn the heat on the saucepan, add the sunflower oil, and let it heat for one minute.
- Add the onion, garlic, and pepper into the warm oil. Mix with a wooden spoon in order to cover all the veggies in oil and help them cook through evenly. Mix continuously for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and the carrot and continue mixing for another 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, the basil leaves, the balsamic vinegar, and the chili powder. Mix it all together for 2 minutes.
- Add a dash of black pepper and let it stew down for a bit.
- Put your flatbreads on the baking tray and add the sauce on top of them.
- Turn your oven to grill (use high temperature: 450°–500° F).
- Add the corn, the chopped mushrooms, and sprinkle the cheese.
- Put them under the oven’s grill and take them out when the cheese starts to bubble. This will take approximately 5–7 minutes.
Tips and tricks:
This flatbread pizza is ready in 15 minutes and tastes delicious. You can prepare it together with your family or friends and spend an enjoyable day, learning a new, easy recipe together. You will never rely on delivery pizza ever again. Not to mention that you will know exactly what you put into it and you can adapt the ingredients to your needs and taste. If you skip some of the toppings, you can even get this recipe done in 10 minutes.