Nothing gets in a way of enjoying great wine than having the cork break when opening it and having to filter the cork bits out of the wine. That’s why an electric wine opener is a useful thing to have in your kitchen.
The tool works efficiently and quickly. It is also simple to use. Just put it on the top of the bottle, push the button, and voilà, the cork is released in just seconds.
In contrast, a manual wine opener requires a bit more effort. Not only do you have to push the corkscrew hard, but you must figure out the right angle otherwise you’ll only get the cork out halfway or worse, break parts of it into the wine.
An electric wine opener is also very practical for those dealing with hand injuries or coping with mobility issues. Because these tools are lightweight and easy to operate at the touch of a button, you don’t have to use much effort to open a wine bottle.
In the resto bar scene, the electric automated ones are very handy for opening many bottles quickly. A standard opener can open at least 30 bottles on a single charge. In a wine tasting party, you can serve more drinks to people in a shorter time.
These days, electric wine openers are made up of stainless steel which makes it durable, light, and rust-resistant. They’re also designed stylishly that it’s almost a sin not to display them prominently in your kitchen or bar. They also have sleek and narrow profiles so that they can be easily stored anywhere.
A typical wine opener comes with a foil cutter which is used to neatly remove the foil from sealed bottles. Other manufacturers package their product in gift sets which contain more wine paraphernalia. These are ideal for wine newbies who would like to enjoy a more comprehensive wine experience.
They are also cordless. They come with a charging base that recharges their built-in batteries when they’re not in use. In some models, the charging base is often stylishly designed as the opener itself so that it can be displayed at a permanent spot in your bar.
If you’re not averse to spending a bit more for an electric wine opener, you can get a decent one for at least $20. Of course, the more features a device has, the more expensive it can be. Still, if you’re just in the market for a reliable one, there are some good ones on the lower end of the market.
In this post, I’ve selected the ones that are stylish but also functional. Here are my top pics for the best electric wine openers in the market. The tools might be very appealing if you need a gift for a wine lover or if you've just joined a wine of the month club.
If you're passionate about your wine, you may also want to consider a wine fridge to keep it at exactly the right temperature.
Table of Contents
- The Best Electric Wine Openers
- 1. Cuisinart Vacuum Sealer Cordless Wine Opener, One Size, Black
- 2. Secura Electric Wine Opener, Automatic Electric Wine Bottle Corkscrew Opener with Foil Cutter, Rechargeable (Stainless Steel)
- 3. Oster Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener with Foil Cutter, Silver, One
- 4. Electric Wine Opener, BFULL Cordless Bottle Opener Electric Corkscrew, 4-in-1 Gift Set
- 5. Uncle Viner Electric Wine Opener with Charger and Batteries Wine Lover Gift Set and Foil Cutter
- Buyers Guide To Picking The Right Electric Wine Opener
The Best Electric Wine Openers
- Cuisinart Vacuum Sealer Cordless Wine Opener, One Size, Black
- Secura Electric Wine Opener, Automatic Electric Wine Bottle Corkscrew Opener with Foil Cutter, Rechargeable (Stainless Steel)
- Oster Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener with Foil Cutter,, Silver, One
- Electric Wine Opener, BFULL Cordless Bottle Opener Electric Corkscrew, 4-in-1 Gift Set
- Uncle Viner Electric Wine Opener with Charger and Batteries Wine Lover Gift Set and Foil Cutter
1. Cuisinart Vacuum Sealer Cordless Wine Opener, One Size, Black
This wine opener uncorks 80 bottles on one charge and works on natural and synthetic corks. It only needs two to three hours to fully recharge. It’s a cordless appliance that runs on rechargeable NiMH batteries.
It’s designed to be elegant and sleek. It has stainless steel accents and is equipped with a rubberized handset to make it easy to grip.
The charging base unit has an electric cord that’s 36 inches. There’s also storage on it for its foil cutter accessory.
Other accessories include a vacuum sealer to preserve the flavor and freshness of unfinished wine and a NiMH battery pack. This product comes with a limited 1-year product warranty and a limited 5-year motor warranty.
- Easy to use
- Durable, lots of torque
- NiMH batteries which tend to have shorter lifetimes
- Users reported that it has some occasional difficulty in removing wax corks
2. Secura Electric Wine Opener, Automatic Electric Wine Bottle Corkscrew Opener with Foil Cutter, Rechargeable (Stainless Steel)
This cordless electric tool opens up to 30 bottles on a single charge. It can be used with most wine bottle sizes. This model also comes with a foil cutter which also fits securely in its attractive charging base that’s lit up with a blue LED light.
It’s easy to use; just place it on top of the wine bottle, press a button and it will remove the cork in seconds.
Made from stainless steel, this elegantly colored electric wine opener makes a stylish gift for any wine lover. It has a a small footprint so you can conveniently store it in a kitchen shelf but you can also display it as an accent piece on your bar.
It’s powered by a built-in rechargeable battery that works with a wide input voltage range of 100-240V. To extend the battery’s lifespan, the manufacturer recommends charging it every three months when its not frequently used.
At 4dB, it’s quieter than air conditioning. This product has a 1-year warranty.
- The electric opener is very strong
- Also good for synthetic/plastic corks
- Battery seems to be NiMh which wears out in a few years (compared to LiIon batteries which last a decade)
- Built-in battery; when the battery finally wears out, you can’t replace it
3. Oster Cordless Electric Wine Bottle Opener with Foil Cutter, Silver, One
This cordless electric wine opener can open up to 30 bottles on a single charge. Charging, however, takes about 6 to 8 hours.
But this is ideal for use by the elderly. It features a simple push button operation that only requires a light touch. It also has an ergonomic, soft-grip handle that easily fits in the palm.
It’s designed to fit all traditional wine bottles. It’s equipped with an LED charging light on top of the unit and a power indicator light on the recharging base for easy monitoring.
Accessories include a foil cutter for easy removal of seals. There are 3 stylish versions of this product: silver, merlot, or champagne finish.
UL approved for 110-120 voltage, it comes with a one year warranty.
- Push button only requires slight strength, good for elderly users or those with arthritic hands
- Doesn’t overcharge when left on its charging base for more than the required number of hours
- Nonremovable rechargeable batteries
- Some users had problems with the company not honoring the warranty
4. Electric Wine Opener, BFULL Cordless Bottle Opener Electric Corkscrew, 4-in-1 Gift Set
This cordless bottle opener can open up to 80 wine bottles. Its marketing copy says it even opens beer and champagne bottles. One user, however, said that one standard battery pack is enough to open 40 bottles.
This tool is made from high-quality aluminum alloy and is designed with a low profile silver metal finish. It’s lightweight and easy to use.
This is packaged as a gift set, so it comes with vacuum bottle stoppers, a wine aerator, and a foil cutter. This product comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Removable rechargable batteries
- Useful accessories
- Large and heavy
- Most first time users take a while to figure out how to use it
5. Uncle Viner Electric Wine Opener with Charger and Batteries Wine Lover Gift Set and Foil Cutter
This is another popular gift set that has a electric wine opener that can open up to 80 bottles on a full charge. The manufacturer says that it can uncork a bottle in just 7 seconds.
It has an aluminum body with a corkscrew that’s made of high quality steel. This version of the gift set comes with a foil cutter that’s made from high quality plastic. Other versions feature more accessories.
This product has a 1-year product warranty.
- Easy to use
- Removable rechargeable batteries
- Some users have commented that it’s slow to open bottles
- Inconsistent quality of inventory
Buyers Guide To Picking The Right Electric Wine Opener
Part of the fun in choosing an electric wine opener is looking at its stylish designs. Some of the best ones are so fancy that they have to displayed prominently in a bar. Others have flashy features that make you want to use the wine opener over and over again. But if you want something that’s also durable and efficient, here’s what you should also look out for.
In general, NiMh rechargeable batteries are used for powering these wine openers. They’re good enough for a few years or so but they tend to wear out more easily than Lithium ion batteries. Li-Ion batteries are more durable and will last for decades.
If you can’t find a Li-Ion powered wine opener, get one that has removable NiMh batteries. This will let you use the wine opener for far longer because you can just replace the worn down batteries with new rechargeable ones.
Charging times vary between the brands. The quickest ones can be fully charged within 2 to 4 hours. Some take about 6 to 8 hours. Also, check how many bottles it can open on a single full charge. In a household, this doesn’t matter unless you’re fond of hosting large wine parties. But if you’re buying one for your resto bar, pick one that can open the most bottles and has a shorter time for recharging.
An automatic wine opener is a handy tool for elderly wine drinkers because it helps them open the bottle easily. Check if it’s lightweight enough that an older person can hold it. Look for ergonomically designed handles; some will have rubber covered handles to make it more comfortable for the palm.
You should also take note of how easy its one-touch button is to use. Some require only a light touch in order to activate its features; this would be an ideal feature for those coping with arthritic hands.
The nice thing about getting a wine opener gift set is that it has more accessories that help you enjoy the experience of drinking wine than a standard single-piece model. Stuff like vacuum pumps, stoppers, aerating pourers are usually included in these gift sets.
But not all of these are reliable. To find out the quality of these pieces, check out the product’s page and read through the user comments. They often reveal how useful they are. Or not.
Easy to Operate and Clean
A great wine opener is easy to use and clean. It should only have a single button and its housing or casing should not be prone to acquiring heavy stains. All it should need is just a wipe with a dry towel.
The standard warranty for a product like this is 1 year. Some brands may have separate warranties for its motor and the product itself. This is useful especially if the product has removable batteries.