Thin homemade pizza crust—sound like a challenge? Well, it’s actually not! You’ll always hear Italians say that the perfect pizza crust has to be thin and crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy inside. And, let’s face it: if the crust is thin and tasty, rest assured that your homemade pizza will come out delicious, no matter what toppings you choose.
Okay, enough with the talking, let’s get down to business. This easy and quick recipe will reveal you how to make that perfect, thin crust pizza. You won’t have to rely on restaurants and deliveries anymore and, what’s even more important, you’ll have the satisfaction of delighting in a delicious pizza made by yourself, in the comfort of your home.
Here are the ingredients:
For the thin crust dough:
For the toppings:
1. Begin by adding the yeast to the lukewarm water and stir the mixture up until it starts to dissolve.
2. Next, in a large bowl, combine the flour along with the salt until it’s incorporated.
3. After that, add the yeast and water mixture and stir everything together until it’s combined.
4. Put everything on a table, counter, or cutting board, knead in the rest of the flour and start working it together. Form a ball by turning and twisting the composition and try to incorporate all the pieces.
5. After about 2 to 3 minutes of kneading, you’ll have smooth, elastic dough. Put this back into the large bowl, cover it with plastic wrap and allow it to rise for about 1 hour.
6. After you’ve let your pizza dough rise, you’re ready to roll out your thin crust homemade pizza. Sprinkle a little bit of flour on your board, table, or cupboard and start rolling the dough up nice and thin with a rolling pin or with your bare hands. Keep rolling and stretching it out until you get it as thin as you want it. When you have your dough ready, you’re all set for the next step.
7. Take the dough, roll it up with a rolling pin, transfer it to a baking sheet and make sure it fits nicely.
8. Preheat your oven to about 500°F degrees. You want a nice, hot oven to get a crispy pizza.
9. Now you can begin building your pizza with your favorite toppings. Here, you can choose whatever toppings you like, but we’ll give you some basic suggestions. As a rule of thumb, start with some tomato sauce, spreading it evenly with the back of a spoon.
10. After that, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese evenly around your pizza.
11. Next, add the rest of the toppings or simply leave the pizza like that. Also, try to leave the edges of your pizza (about 0.5 inches) untouched by the toppings.
12. Now your pizza is ready to go in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. The result will be a beautiful, golden-brown, delicious thin crust pizza.
13. Garnish your pizza with some basil leaves and prepare your taste buds for an amazing meal.
Tips and tricks:
As you can see, there isn’t much that stands between you and the thin crust pizza of your dreams. There aren’t a lot of ingredients, they are cheap, and the preparation process is extremely quick and easy. Plus, topping-wise you have the freedom to personalize your pizza exactly as you like it.
Well, there you have it: the best pizza crust recipe for thin crust homemade pizza. All you have to do is to enjoy it with your family, friends, or by yourself. Buon Appetito!