Coconut Milk-Braised Calamari
Speed - 98%
Simplicity - 100%
Tastiness - 100%
Perfectly cooked tender calamari in a highly savory coconut cream sauce. The touch of cayenne really balanced out all the richness of this dish.
Servings: 4 people
- 300 Grams Calamari cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Piece Shallot minced
- 2 Cloves garlic minced
- 1" Piece Ginger minced
- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Cups String Beans chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Sautee shallots, garlic, and ginger until aromatic.
- Add string beans and sautee for a minute.
- Add calamari and sautee briefly.
- Add coconut milk and water. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce and pinch of cayenne pepper.
Like this recipe?Follow @FoodForNet on Pinterest!
Loved this! We have never cooked calamari this way. So fun and see lots of other options, like adding extra flavor bombs like Tom yum paste or gochuchang.