Mexican Lime Soup
Speed - 99%
Simplicity - 100%
Tastiness - 100%
The freshness of limes, oregano, and cilantro make this simple chicken broth extra special. Surprisingly excellent for such a simple ingredient list.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 Piece Chicken Breast deboned and cut into strips
- 2 Pieces Limes juiced
- 1 Piece White Onion diced
- 1 Piece Jalapeño Pepper chopped
- 4 Cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1 Teaspoon Mexican Oregano
- Bunch Cilantro chopped
- Fried Tortilla Pieces for garnish
- Salt to taste
- White Ground Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pot.
- Add chicken pieces and sear briefly.
- Add onions, jalapenos, and garlic. Sautee until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken stock, oregano, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro and fried tortilla pieces.
Like this recipe?Follow @FoodForNet on Pinterest!
Leave a Reply