The first documented recipe for Jam was featured in the Culinary Matters cookbook which has been dated back to 1st century Rome. Jam and other fruit preserves were prevalent in the Middle East, where the fruit was widely available.
Due to time and explorers, the craft of making jam spread throughout the world. The Spanish brought it to the West Indies and the British explorers brought home new recipes.
Now, you can tap into this history with a jam of the month club!
Though jam, jellies, and preserves are often thought of as breakfast condiments for toast, there are, in fact, a multitude of ways they can be used in the culinary world. For example:
- Served with soft cheeses on charcuterie trays
- In plain yogurt
- Added to your favorite spirits, they bring lovely flavor profiles to cocktails
- In baked goods or desserts
- To fill crepes or french toast
- Combine with oil and vinegar for salad dressing
- Glazes for meats
Regardless of how you choose to use your fruit preserves, they are a wonderfully delicious treat that also makes for a great gift. Although wine and other beer gift baskets or clubs are popular gifts, sometimes it's nice to change it up a bit, plus not everyone drinks, so next time you are looking for a unique fun gift, consider one of the below clubs or baskets.
Below, we've listed the top jam of the month clubs we could find, plus some gift basket options. Which one is the best?
Personally, I really like Amazing Clubs Jam & Jelly of the Month Club because they delivery a great variety of products from small-batch artisans across the country. Rather than get a new flavor from the same maker each month, you get something completely new each month: Flavors, makers, packaging, recipe, style, and even the source of the fruit harvest means each month is a surprise.
You can also check out our list of other gourmet food clubs for more options of artisanal, hand crafted gifts.
Jam of the Month Clubs
- Amazing Clubs
- Month Club Store
- Amish Mart
- Piece of Love Pastries
Jam Gift Baskets
- Kitchen Kettle Village
- Bar Harbor Jam
- Stonewall Kitchen
Jam of the Month Clubs
Amazing Clubs has 40 clubs of the month to choose from; honestly, it would be hard not to find one that would be the perfect gift. Amazing Clubs has been featured on several popular programs, including The Today Show, The Early Show, and Good Morning America, to name a few.
Amongst their many clubs, they offer a Jam of the month club, which has been independently voted as the #1 Jam Club for seven years in a row. Technically, it is a jam and jelly club membership, which offers the following subscription options.
- 3 Month
- Seasonal – Deliveries are made once a quarter
- 6 Months
- 12 Month
What's included in the Jam and Jelly Membership
- 2 Jars of gourmet jam or jelly that are:
- Unique in flavor
- Small Batch
- Boutique Brands
- The Monthly Newsletter, The Daily Spread, that highlights the jams and jellies of the month
- Free shipping
- The “They'll Love it!” Guarantee
Month Club Store
The Month Club Store has been in business for 11 years, and as a pioneer in the month of the club market, they pride themselves on redefining the overall gift of the month clubs. Their company motto is “The gift that keeps on giving,” reminding the recipient you are thinking of them the whole year-round.
As a multi-club company, they work closely with various upscale vendors and partners to create a fantastic customer experience.
The Jelly of the month club also includes a selection of jams and preserves. Each month the recipient will receive one or two jars of fruity goodness — the number of jars depends on the membership you choose. The jellies, jams, and preserves are all specially selected and not ones you would find at your local grocery store.
Flavors frequently included in this club are:
- Cranberry Peach Marmalade
- Blackberry Guava Dajuriri Jam
- Blueberry Orange Preserves
- Plum Pomegranate Jelly
Monthly Club Subscription Options
- 3, 6, 9, or 12-month
- 1 or 2 jars per month
Depending on your subscription choice memberships cost between $14.75/ month to $19.66/month.
Amish Mart has been distributing high quality handmade Amish products since 1999. Amish Mart is located in North East Indiana in Moose Lake Christian Craft Village in Laotto, Indiana.
Amish Mart offers a wide variety of handmade goods such as:
- Hulless popcorn
- Maple Syrup
- Peanut butter spreads
- Jams and Jellies
In addition to their general store items, Amish Mart also offers a Jam and Jelly of the month club membership. The J&J of the month club is a prepaid subscription and can be purchased for however many months you choose. All jams and jellies included in the subscription are free from artificial flavors and colors.
There are three different jam and jelly subscription boxes available:
- Jam and Jelly Club – Includes 4 – 9 oz jars of jams and jellies each month $29.50 per month
- No Sugar Added Jam and Jelly Club – Includes 4 – 9 oz jars of jams and jellies each month $33.00 per month
- Jam and Jelly 2 Pack Club – Includes 2 – 9 oz jars for a lower price than the standard membership $19.97 per month
After you have placed your initial order you will be charged shipping on your first shipment, but on all subsequent shipments, the shipping cost is included in the original price.
Piece of Love Pastries
Jen Pattap pastry chef extraordinaire and founder of Piece of Love Pastries started her pastry chef career in New Jersey and New York. After working for several years in a few different bakeries, Jen eventually set out on her own.
Through natural evolution, Jen started her bakery, creating various treats made only from the highest quality ingredients. Her recipes are based on using seasonal, sustainable, local, and organic ingredients, resulting in delicious pastries and other sweet treats.
Amongst the many delightful pastries Piece of Love Pastries also makes a variety of preserves and offers a preserve of the month club membership. And just in case you are wonder, preserves are similar to jam, but generally contain more fruit. However, the majority of jars in this club reflect jam, jelly, or compote.
The monthly preserve subscription costs $13 per month plus shipping and handling. You can sign up for as many or as few months as you would like. All of the fruit used in the jams, jellies, and preserves are organic and frequently purchased at the local farmer's market.
Flavor varieties include
- Strawberry Rhubarb
- Cherry Berry
- Strawberry Balsamic
Jam Gift Baskets
Kitchen Kettle Village
Pat and Bob Burnley started The Kitchen Kettle Village from the comfort of their two-car garage in 1954. They began with one cooking range, 30 kettles, and six jelly recipes.
Since the start of their jelly business, they have grown substantially into 42 shops, two restaurants, and 17 lodging rooms, essentially creating a village. The Kitchen Kettle is located in Intercourse, PA.
Today, the Kitchen Kettle is run by the third generation of Burnleys, and the jellies are still made in the same fashion done 60 years ago, just not in a garage. Their food line has expanded beyond jams also to include:
One of the best ways to try a variety of their famous jellies is to order one of the gift boxes or baskets. They offer a large variety of both, below are just a few of the best-sellers:
- Jam and Jelly Box contains 4 – half-pint jars of Strawberry Preserves, Peach Jam, Seedless Blackberry Jam, and Apple Cinnamon Jelly for $18.99.
- Jam Lover's Basket has two 10 oz jars, one of Peach Jam and the other of Seedless Strawberry Jam. Plus, an assortment of four 1.5 oz jars of preserves, and a wood-handled spreader. All of which is tucked neatly into a wicker basket for $25.99.
- Hostess Gift Box includes a variety of 6 jars of jams, jellies, and preserves for $8.99.
Bar Harbor Jam
Bar Harbor Jam is based out of Bar Harbor, Maine, where they harvest their blueberries all within 25 miles of their kitchens. Although they started as a jam company, over the years, they have expanded their line to include other products such as:
- Hot Sauce
- Baking Mixes
Even though they have grown to offer additional products, the blueberry jam is still the main staple of this company. You can find their jams throughout stores in Maine, as well as a few other specialty shops in the US. However, unless you are in Maine, the most convenient way to buy their world-famous jam is to hop online.
They offer a medley of jams and jellies, including sugar-free varieties. But if you are looking for the ultimate jam gift basket you will want to check out these top selections:
- 5 Flavor Jam Gift Basket – Includes 5 – 10-ounce jars, which contains Wild Blueberry, Wild Blueberry Rhubarb, Strawberry, Strawberry Rhubarb, and Raspberry Jams for $35.
- Three Jam Gift Pack – This is their top seller, you can pick from a variety of options that include strawberry rhubarb, wild blueberry, strawberry, raspberry, and blueberry rhubarb for $21.00.
- Blueberry Lover's Basket includes 2 jars of blueberry jam, a blueberry cookbook, and a blueberry pancake mix for $30.
- Cadillac Gift Basket – Offers a vast array of blueberry products, including 9 jars of a variety of jams, jellies, and preserves for $125, pictured above.
Stonewall Kitchen founded in 1991 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, by Jim Stott and Johnathan King. However, in the beginning, they received a lot of support from their family members so they could get everything properly canned, packaged, and sold.
The original recipe that inspired Jim and John to start their own business was based on Jim's grandmother Pearl's recipe for Wild Maine Blueberry Jam. Since then, they have expanded well beyond jams into mustards, sauces, dressings, and baking mixes, to name just a few of their amazing products.
Since their modest beginnings in the late 90s, Stonewall Kitchen has since won numerous awards, including being honored into the Specialty Food Hall of Fame. Additionally, Stonewall stores have popped up all on both the east and west coasts, plus they sell their products in boutiques and high-end kitchen retailers.
However, if you are looking for the ideal gift for any occasion, Stonewall kitchen offers some excellent jam gift crates and box options.
- Classic Jam Crate contains 3 – 12.5 oz jars of the following Wild Maine Blueberry jam, Strawberry Jam, and Black Raspberry Jam, all neatly packed into a small wooden decorative crate for $21.99.
- Raspberry Jam Crate has three different raspberry inspired jams – Red Raspberry, Black Raspberry, and Raspberry Peach Champagne Jam for $21.99.
- Customized Gift Box First pick the gift box, then choose four jams to go inside, its a simple yet personalized gift. Prices range from $23.80 – $36.75.
Leave a Reply