William Morris is the artist at the heart of the arts and crafts movement in the 19th century. At that time, Morris laid a significant amount of importance on the quality of craftsmanship while also emphasizing the significance of art's influence on economic reform.
The primary focus of the 19th-century arts and crafts movement focused on decoration inspired by medieval times. And from there, arts and crafts grew to reach global levels and now encompasses such things as:
- Interior Design
For a while, people moved away from making their goods. Instead, those who could afford to opted to purchase mass-produced goods in place of crafting it themselves. However, everything seems to cycle back, and arts and crafts are not exempt.
Today people have begun to migrate back to crafts, preferring the option of a personally handmade item, especially when giving gifts.
However, not everyone is blessed with an excellent artistic eye and may lack the creativity needed to make keepsakes. And for those of us in that boat a craft subscription box is perfect. But a craft of the month club is also great for the long time crafter too!
The craft of the month club sends you everything you need for that month's project. Imagine not having to run to the hobby store multiple times to buy supplies. Or how about knowing that when you get done with the craft, you won't have a ton of leftover material you will likely never use again.
Craft subscription boxes make crafting easy, convenient, and economical. Plus. there are craft of the month clubs for both adults and children. Below, we have included five adult craft subscription boxes and one for kids.
6 Craft of the Month Clubs
- Adults and Crafts
- Annie's Creative Woman Club
- Get Sketch Box
- Home Made Luxe
- Teakberry Box: The Art of Paper
- Kiwi Co
Adults and Crafts
While preparing a Blue Apron dinner one evening, Mariana wished that her crafts could be as easy as making dinner. It didn't take long before Mariana's wish became the inspiration for Adults and Crafts.
Mariana discussed her ideas with Kevin over beers, and from there, they launched their new business.
Adults and Crafts offers a few different box options:
- Quick Craft Kits
- Engraving Kit
- Weathered Wood Caddy
- Hot Cocoa Candle
- Card Making
- String Art Wood Sign
- Cork Burning Kit
- Craft Party Packs
- String Art
- Bachelorette/Bridal Party Kit
- Wood burning
But their top seller is their subscription craft box. The boxes come in four duration options:
- Monthly $33/Month
- 3 Months $32/ Month
- 6 Months $31/Month
- 12 Months $30/Month + Free Craft Kit or a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
Each membership includes everything you will need to complete that month's project, even the tools, and instructions. The prices above do not include shipping, but shipping is discounted at $6.95/ month anywhere in the US.
Each month the recipient will receive a new craft like:
- Wood burning
- Wooden Wine Caddy
- Coffee Mug Tree
- Autumn Wreath
Plus, all memberships can be adjusted to meet your needs. So if you need to put your account on hold, you can do so all from the convenience of your computer.
Annie's Creative Woman Club
Annie's Creative Woman Club, founded in 1975, is more than just a craft site. They offer a variety of products like:
- Book Clubs
- Online Tutorials
- TV Programs
- Craft Supplies
Though Annie's launched in 1975, it is from a long line of family businesses dating as far back as 1925 with a small family-owned printing company. However, Annie's focus area of business is its Kit of the Month Club. There are twelve kit subscription options:
- CardMake – You will receive enough supplies to make 8-10 cards each month
- Caring Crochet – Each month, you will receive a crochet project that will be donated to an organization that will make a difference in someone's life. Some of the projects are:
- Chemo Caps
- Blankets for ill or traumatized children
- Scarves for those in need
- Creative Girls – This club is geared towards girl's between 7-12 years old
- Creative Quilters – Each kit includes a unique bonus project
- Creative Woman – This is a variety of crafts including
- Candle and Soap Making
- Crochet Afghan – The first kit is geared toward the beginner, and each month the projects will build on the skills you learn each month
- Crochet Striped Afghan – Includes online instructional videos
- Holiday Quilters – Is suited for any level
- Hook & Needle – Knitting and Crochet projects
- Knit Afghan – Each month you will knit three blocks, and by the end of the year, you will have enough blocks for the full afghan.
- Simply Beads – For all jewelry making levels, written and video instructions included. The first kit will consist of the tools of the trade.
- Young Woodworkers – For kids 7-12 years old, the kits will include the materials needed, and the first three shipments will consist of the tools required to complete each project.
Get Sketch Box
Get Sketch Box is geared towards artists who prefer crafts that are focused on drawing and painting. The Sketch Box offers two different membership options:
- Basic $25
- Premium $35
The difference between the boxes is the quality of the materials included. In addition to the price of the box, there is a $5 shipping fee for deliveries in the US. After deciding on which crate you want you can choose the duration of your membership:
- Month to month
- 3 Months
- 6 Months
- 12 months
Except for the month to month option, all subscriptions are prepaid, but when you sign up for a prepaid plan, you will receive a discount on the overall cost.
Each box will contain:
- 4-9 different art supplies needed to complete the project
- Copic markers
- Krink paint markers
- Pan pastels
- Caran d’Ache Luminance Colored Pencils
- Zig Brush Pens
- Van Gogh watercolors
- Gum Erasers
- A finished piece of art from the artist who designed that months box
- Instructional video
Once finished, artists are encouraged to send in their work so that it can be shared with other artists, as well as posting your project online.
Home Made Luxe
Keitha, the founder of Home Made Luxe, started this company to share her love of crafts as well as inspire other women, and some men, to take time for themselves crafting instead of just cruising Pinterest. Home Made Luxe focuses on DIY home decor projects.
They have a variety of crafts options available for purchase. There are single projects, which make the perfect gift and is also a great way to try a craft box before signing up for a subscription. Additionally, you and some friends could order individual craft boxes and have a craft party.
However, Home Made Luxe's biggest seller is the monthly subscription boxes. There are four duration options:
- Month to month $39.99/Month
- 3 Months $37.99/Month
- 6 Months $35.99/Month
- 12 months $33.99/Month
Each month you will receive a new home decor craft with all of the necessary items to complete that month's project. Some of the projects you may receive are:
- Clay Succulent Planter
- DIY Yarn Wall Hangings
- Hello Fall Frame Wreath
- Felt Flower Rope Pallet Sign
- Bath Bomb & Marbled Tray Kit
- Learn Calligraphy and Create a Calendar
Also, Home Made Luxe hosts a monthly craft party in Houston, Texas.
Teakberry Box: The Art of Paper
Teakberry Box sold through Crate Joy. Crate Joy is a compilation of different companies that offer a variety of subscription boxes marketed towards women and children.
Teakberry was founded in 2016 and focuses on bringing handmade paper crafts to fellow craft enthusiasts.
The Teakberry Box ships out at the end of each month and is a month to month subscription that can be canceled at any time.
Each month the box contains new and unique items that can be used in:
- Making Cards
- Creating Personalized Stationery
Unlike other monthly subscription boxes, this box is not for a specific project but instead a variety of items like:
- Scrapbook paper
- Washi tapes
- Handmade stickers
- Whimsical embellishments
All to be used on your current project. The Teakberry box is perfect for those looking for more unique handmade items to add to their paper-based crafts.
Last but far from least, is the Kiwi Co. The Kiwi Company focuses on crafts for kids. They offer a variety of boxes based on your child's age and hobbies. Some projects are suited for children as young as 0-24 months and as old as 14-104.
There are eight different categories to choose from:
- Eureka Crate Ages 14-104 – Science and Technology focused, some of the projects include:
- Wooden Ukulele
- Desk Lamp
- Electric Pencil Sharpener with Stand
- Maker Crate Ages 14-104 – Centered on art projects include:
- Pillow Covers
- String Art
- Mosaic Art
- Tinker Crate Ages 9-16 – Automation theme, some of the crafts in this subscription are:
- Crank Based Projects
- Water Rocket
- Doodle Crate Ages 9-16 – Art focused some of the boxes will have materials for:
- Handmade soap
- Woodworking clock
- Atlas Crate Ages 6-11 – Globally Inspired Projects which include:
- Wind Socks
- Kiwi Crate Ages 5-8 – Art, science, and engineering-focused some of the projects that might be included are:
- Human Anatomy
- Create Puzzle Games
- Fun Flight Projects
- Koala Crate Ages 2-4- Art and Science focused, which includes projects like:
- 2-3 small crafts with different themes like transportation and animals
- Panda Crate Ages 0-24 focused on learning and development:
- Toys that help learn shapes and colors
- Toys to hone motor skills
Each club offers different durations from every other month to 12-month options. Also, you can change the club anytime, depending on your child's interests and skill level.